Monday, March 26, 2018

Front Porch


Front Porch

I am sitting on that porch of that cabin.
The night noises echo through the dark,
They are a comfort to me at my age.
They are not so to every living creature,
A coyote runs past in a flash, fluffy tail, fluffy body.
The prey animal must watch for the predator, always.
The feral cats disappear all at once in a flash.
I will not think about that this night, we are all prey to those that be.
One must grow a frog skin and repel the ugly thoughts and deeds.
One must think about the good of those that care.
Another night on the mountain of my day dreams.
A long many years spent on that mountain.
I have been fortunate in my living places.
I chose always to live near nature, in the wild places.
The wild places in both my mind and my actual.
I do not want to leave these wild places.
Ever, do I dream to stay, the wild calls, the call of the wild.





No comments:

Post a Comment